Sunday, September 12, 2010

Things that Make Writing Eas(ier)

I am working on graduate school applications and have, more than ambitiously, decided that I plan on writing 3-5 versions of each "sample scene" we're suppose to submit before I pick the ones to revise.

This Sunday evening, at 7:50pm, this endeavor seems very stupid.

But something made me think of it in the first place-- so I shall plow forward.


In the mean time-- Here's a few things that make writing easier.

1) Homemade Tea consisting of Earl Gray, Lavender flowers and a splash of milk. No honey. No sugar.

2) "Old Country Fairy Tale" by The Appalacian Trio - Mark O'Connor, Yo-Yo Ma and Edgar Meyer

3) The following quote that I clipped from an unknown magazine while in college:

"I don't teach writing. I teach patience. Toughness. Stubbornness. The willingness to fail. I teach the life. The odd thing is most of the things that stop an inexperienced writer are so far from the truth as to be nearly beside the point. When you feel global doubt about your talent, that is your talent. People who have no talent don't have any doubt." -- Richard Bausch

No comments:

Post a Comment